I am so proud of my three-year old daughter. We cut off 8-1/2 inches of her hair to donate to Children With Hairloss. It’s a great charity, if you want to check it out. I was also happy to find out it was locally-based here in Michigan.
The pictures above show that Amelia was more than happy to get her hair cut off. Afterward, there was a moment when she saw her two ponytails that she didn’t want to give them away.
“But it’s my hair,” she said.
Her wise 5-year old big brother Aidan patiently explained how donations work. “It was your hair, Amelia. Now it’s going to be somebody else’s hair.”
I’m so proud of both my children. I may have to turn this into a children’s story. Have your children done anything lately that makes you burst with pride?
- I’m going to cut off my hair and give it to poorly girls who don’t have any (thesun.co.uk)
- Louise Is Hair-raising Awareness for Kids’ Charities (fashion-mommy.com)
- The Trials and Errors That Plagued Me While I Was Pretending to be a Children’s Hair Stylist (themotherofnine9.wordpress.com)
- How to Cut Your Own Hair: 5 Tips to Consider (bellasugar.com)
- Real-life Rapunzel Chantelle Beaumont donates hair to charity (thesun.co.uk)